23 December

Don't Put All Your Eggs in One Social Basket

According to leading marketing forecasters, the dollar amount that's spent on advertising via social media is predicted to equal what is spent on newspaper ad revenues by the year 2020.

This rapid shift in advertising trends has rocked the media industry over the past few years. Firms have started moving their marketing budgets from the more traditional advertising sources like newspapers, for instance, to online sources across all channels and screens. They are attracted to the native ad format, where their ads blend right into the users' newsfeeds on social platforms like Facebook or Snapchat.

There has been a distinct shift in the way people gather news, too. This can be attributed to the rapidly-growing expansion of social media platforms being implemented on mobile devices, as well as a steady increase in the sophistication of marketing technology.

Continue Reading
15 December

Click Fraud Contaminates Measurement and Validation

The measurement and tracking of today's advertising results is easily contaminated; plagued by malicious fraudulent activity. In order to validate the effectiveness of a company's ad spend, all efforts must be put forth to eliminate ad fraud from their programmatic advertising system. But as attractive as that sounds, is it really possible? The answer is a resounding "YES!" One way to accomplish this is to utilize the services of multiple (and reputable) third-party validation companies, incorporating just one of them to oversee what the others are doing with the campaign. At Genius Monkey, we use zvelo.

In an ideal marketing world, fraudulent and malicious inventory would be unable to make its way into the marketplace, and advertisers and agencies would not have to go to such extents to keep from having their measurement results negatively affected by fraud. Every active participant in the supply chain would make continual efforts to act as a checkpoint to catch, and eliminate it.

Continue Reading
09 December

Programmatic the Right Way

On average, only 5% of the consumers' time is spent searching; the other 95% is spent on reviewing content as they secure their decision on what to buy, and from whom. It has become obvious that customers don't always end up purchasing the brand they initially set out to buy. Facts, figures and information placed in front of their faces can sway their decision-making. In addition, the competition is actively seeking their business as well, bombarding them from every direction. Take car shopping, for example: Only 25% of car shoppers end up purchasing the brand of vehicle they initially set out to buy. The other 75% go elsewhere ... lost to the competition. This drives home the point that it's imperative for brands to continually engage with the potential customers ... on all screens, and across all devices.

Continue Reading